Answered By: Steve Runge
Last Updated: Feb 14, 2019     Views: 111

Search Ulrich's Periodical Directory for the journal title. The journal description will indicate if the journal is "refereed," which is another way to say "peer-reviewed."

In many databases, you can also check a checkbox to search only "peer-reviewed", "refereed," "scholarly," or "academic" journals  - which all roughly amount to the same thing.

For more information on types of journals, see Finding Scholarly Journals.