Answered By: Steve Runge
Last Updated: Mar 01, 2018     Views: 143

Under certain circumstances, subject librarians can authorize a non-circulating item to be checked out for a few days. You can make the request either from the appropriate subject librarian or, if you're not sure, from the reference desk, who will seek authorization from the appropriate subject librarian.

Staff: Have the patron fill out the "Authorization form non-circulating materials" (reference desk drawer), get it signed by the appropriate collections librarian, and have the patron bring the item and the form (all 3 copies) to the circulation desk. This procedure is under review, so make sure to check this space for updates.