Answered By: Steve Runge Last Updated: Feb 14, 2018 Views: 892
First, go to the Student Services page on using U-View/UIS, which includes instructions for registration, as well as links to installation & use of the UIS system. Keep in mind the UIS system is a legacy (old) system: navigating must be with tab and arrow keys. Student workers at the Technology Help desk at O'Neill Library on the 3rd floor can often help. If your problem isn't addressed there, see below:
- You used a return/enter key. Navigate only with tab and arrow keys.
- You entered a space before a code.
- You tried to register before your assigned time. Register only after the time assigned.
- If you have been in a UIS session and not logged out properly, you will not be able to log in again for 30 minutes. Call 617-552-HELP (4357) at any time to have your account unlocked, or visit the Technology Help desk at O'Neill Library on the 3rd floor during their staffed hours.
- If there is a hold on your account (Health Services, Bursar's Office, etc.) you will need to clear up that issue before you can register. The UIS registration system does not indicate hold problems; hold information should be on your audit form, which is the form your academic advisor gave you (the one with the registration code number). Call Student Services (617-552-4889 or 800-294-0294) to clarify hold problems. You may also need to talk to someone at the Advising Center (617-552-9259).
- If you are a BC employee (faculty or staff), you will need to navigate to a different screen from the student screen. Look for appropriate prompts on the first screen about where to go.