Answered By: Steve Runge Last Updated: Feb 02, 2017 Views: 332
Direct Access to Select Databases Through BC Alumni Community
Through the BC Alumni Community, we have arranged for special access to ATLA Religion Database, JSTOR, OECD iLibrary, Project MUSE, and RefWorks. Remote access is available on the Research Resources page of the BC Alumni Community. Use these instructions to register for access to the Alumni Community portal.
If you are near BC
If you live in Massachusetts
- a BPL e-Card will give you access to many databases through the Boston Public Library.
- the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners (MBLC) makes close to 40 databases from Gale Resources available for free to Massachusetts residents, in addition to Historic Collections.
If you live outside Massachusetts
- There may be a freely available Open Access alternative for searching material of interest to you.
- Check our guide to Reliable Web Resources for links to reliable publicly available information.
- Explore nearby public and college or university library options.
Below are some of the databases that are restricted by licensing agreements to current BC students, faculty, and staff, and are unfortunately not available for alumni or walk-in use in the libraries:
- AHA Annual Survey
- Morningstar Direct