Answered By: Steve Runge Last Updated: Aug 17, 2016 Views: 177
You may request books and physical materials through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). To access ILL, go to the BC Libraries' homepage. Click on the Interlibrary Loan link in the upper right list of links (or just click on the link here). You will be prompted for your BC username and password. Then you can fill out the online form (Book Request not Journal Request). ILL will notify you via email when the book arrives.
If you don't have the item's entire publication information, here is an easy way to autofill the ILL form:
- From the library home page, under "Find Library Materials," select "Items Not at Boston College."
- Click "Search WorldCat Local and Place a Request."
- Enter search information.
- In the search results, select the correct title by clicking on it.
- Click the button adjacent to the list of holdings.
- Login with your BC credentials.
- Check that the form has autofilled correctly and select a "not needed after" date.
- Click Submit.
You will receive an email in your inbox within a few days that the item has arrived. Pick up the item at the O'Neill Circulation Desk.
ILL and WorldCat are two separate services. WorldCat is limited to borrowing physical material from other libraries. These materials are delivered via UPS and come within 1 to 3 days. If the request cannot be filled in the BLC, the request is automatically sent to ILL where they can attempt to fill it from libraries worldwide. For article/pdf requests, patrons should still request directly via ILL.